Health Journal Ideas πŸ™‚

• Health Journal Ideas πŸ™‚

Posted by Lyzabeth on May 17, 2023 at 6:24 pm

Hey guys,

Let’s start the conversation on the Health Journal.

Here are my questions:

1) Here are some things we could track? Which of the listed items would you realisticlly use?

– period

– poop

– water consumption

– calories/macros today – goal and current

– food/mood

– weight

– monthly goals

– workout

– steps

– sleep (# of hours, woke up (tired, awake etc)

– morning routine

– supplements

1) What do you like to track that isn’t listed above?

2) How much space per day would you like for additional notes – open lined spaces? 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page.

3) would you want to see inspirational quotes? if yes, how often?

4) would you want it to be 8×10 or 7×9?

5) because it would pack a lot of info, I’m thinking each should be 6 months? Not sure if a full year would be too thick?

6) Please share how you like to use your journal and give any examples and we’ll see what we can do πŸ™‚
    xo

LL

Lyzabeth replied 10 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Elizabeth

May 18, 2023 at 1:07 pm

Hello!!

I will try to share photos of my journal so you can see the tracking of it all! I actually use a bullet journal which is how I was able to condense all of the things I track. The way I am tracking it in the bullet journal I do believe it will last me upwards 2-3 years. Size is 5.7x8inches- I like because if I wanted to transport it in my purse, it fits without being very bulky.

1. I do track all of these things- except for the monthly goal which I can’t remember who on the call was talking about their own and I really liked the idea so I will incorporate into my journal tracking too!

Some other things I track that were not on the list are

-Rate my day (kind of give it a 1 to 5 star) of the overall day

-health log (how my body felt-examples- well, abd pain, bloating, low energy, cold/sick)

-time restricted eating- so I mark off if it was <9h to >13 hours

-weather- I don’t know why I necessarily decided to do this one lol but I did

dreams- I kind of just mark what it was, if I remember (was it funny, scary, weird, happy,sad boring, don’t remember). And then have a couple pages next to it where I can write out the dream itself if I wanted to

reading- I track if I read that day as it is a habit I am trying to get back into

walk- same reasoning as reading

highlight of the day- I just write out one sentence of a highlight for that day.

2. hard for me to say as I structured my journal in a way where I have the space I need, but depending on how this journal is made it would be nice to be able to track the ideas I have, even if it is not a universal want for everyone

3. Yes!!! Don’t want to force it or say there has to be X amount. so if there are say as an example, 20 really good tips/quotes for inspiration, then just sprinkle them throughout the pages of the journal. If you have a bunch more, same concept, if it is very few, then maybe just one for each month.

4. For me, smaller is better- 7×9

5. I can share a photo of mine, it works well I think.

6. Will share photos below. There are a few of the things I track, like oil pulling, cravings, the daily weights and a couple other things we have chatted about on coaching calls that I have on the habit app tracker but not in my main journal (had to use a separate one to jot them down since I had the MAY month already made up. But hopefully I can incorporate it into June). Otherwise, I am using two journals for now. But the latter, is nothing fancy, just writing it in a notebook so I won’t share photos of that. But just wanted to note not all the things I talked about, will be seen in the journal with photos I post. Hopefully that made sense lol

• Elizabeth

May 18, 2023 at 2:58 pm
  • Elizabeth

May 18, 2023 at 3:09 pm

I couldn’t type my reply with the photos, but basically the first few photos (5) are the beginning of the journal- tracking the whole year 2023. Then the last 3 photos would be my individual monthly tracking.

• Lyzabeth

Organizer
    May 19, 2023 at 6:40 pm

This is amazing!

Thank you so much for sharing the detail!

Great work!
    I think that style could work for some of the things we’d like to track to be able to watch progress a bit more visually than just having it listed on a daily page.

Thank you so much ❀️☺️

• Shara

May 24, 2023 at 11:29 am

I purchased a 8.5in x11in spiral weekly planner from the office supply store. It has tab dividers for each month. There is about a quarter page of space for each day to write notes. There is also a section at the top of some pages where I can write goals for each week. I write out my daily workout, meals, supplements, and questions to ask during the coaching calls. The planner also lists major holidays so it helps me plan for times my diet my shift.

• Lyzabeth

Organizer
      June 6, 2023 at 10:13 pm

That’s very helpful!
      I’ve started to plan out our master planner, (exciting)! Would you want to write out your whole workout if it’s already in the app? I have us listing workout/bodypart/type Ie hiit, muscle, & time.