Holistic Reset Week 2

• Martha Miller

February 11, 2023 at 12:56 am

Thank you Kaitlyn !!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Martha Miller.
  • Charlene

February 11, 2023 at 9:02 pm

Thank you @Kaitlyn and @Lyzabeth !!!

I am totally doing my best here with this reset, but mainly following the OG holistic eating plan. However, I have really been focusing on my 3L of water intake. It’s been amazing! It’s been a lot of bathroom breaks, especially after 2pm, but I am noticing huge changes in my gut. As they say, more water helps to flush out toxins, and I feel my kidneys are doing just that. If I dare eat anything that I should not (which I have on a few occasions) I have negative reactions that are very much immediate. Constant bloating and flatulence…it is just non stop. I have also drastically cut down my need and obsession for any type of gummy candy and will aim to drink more fire shots in replace when I think I need the urge for some sort of gummy candy. Yet, I did have candy on 2 occasions and boy let me tell you, it was not agreeing with my stomach at all – and it is just instant.

With the 3L and the holistic eating plan, my poops are amazing. I know we had a discussion on that during one of our calls and it has dramatically improved from last year. So I have been successfully doing 3L of water 5 days a week since January 9th – just over a month now, and it is engrained in my mind and habits to prep my water intake for my work day the night before. I use Himalyan Salt daily in my first litre of water upon waking, after my lemon water.

I always knew that water intake was so important, but I was clueless to the great changes it can do to your body. Certainly has it helped with my workouts – I feel a lot more energy than before.

3L does a body real good. I am really happy that you have encouraged us to start and stick to this habit when you began habit building.

Thank you @Lyzabeth

• Lyzabeth

Organizer
      February 12, 2023 at 7:11 pm

Yasss! You know I love these types of updates!

I’m 100% good with you working on one habit at a time. Really make it stick and then add another one when ready. Hubs adds one habit each year, and each one sticks for life – he’s been doing this for around 20 years. I like to add a few, see what sticks, then, anything that doesn’t stick, I try to add in a different way i.e. try a different workout time of day, move where I store supplements to see if it will help me remember etc.

Regardless, the best way to life-long health is to real nail down the important habits like 3L of water a day. I’m excited for you and I’m glad that you’re in touch with your body and notice the positive changes πŸ™‚ woot woo!

• Charlene

February 13, 2023 at 2:55 am

Thank you @Lyzabeth! It is really exciting knowing I am maintaining this habit, and I feel this habit is so vital. It’s definitely part of my daily and weekly routine. I really like what you do as well! You have to try what works for you and you are right. Your hubby is extremely dedicated – very admirable. Those are big goals πŸ™‚

All of what we are doing with this group is truly inspiring. I even went for a 45 min walk today with my toddler and that was exhilarating – I too am trying to incorporate weekend walks at least.

Keeping it up!

• Erica

February 16, 2023 at 10:22 am

@Charlene way to go!! That’s really inspiring & encouraging to see those benefits in your life! πŸ‘

• Charlene

February 27, 2023 at 2:52 am

Thanks so much Erica! It takes so much discipline and small, consistent steps that compound over time. I hope the challenges/habits are going well for you too! Doing everything at your own pace is so necessary πŸ™‚

All the best and keep going, even on the days you don’t want to πŸ™‚